Monday, January 10, 2011

Gargoyle

Metallica Fan Monster 
Media: Clay with glaze.
The process I used was that I made it out of clay then put it in the kiln to heat it up and then I used bright red glaze to paint it. The techniques I used was that I used a garlic press for making the hair, I put the tongue in after I made the mouth, and I used a toothpick for writing the name Metallica and adding a lightning bolt. 
I liked adding the Metallica logo on it because I thought my monster looked like a heavy metal fan and I liked working with clay as a medium. The thing I would like to change is that I would've painted the eyes with white glaze because it makes it more realistic.
 

1 comment:

  1. Rock on! This is a great little Gargoyle. The hands make it look like is truly rocking out to his favourite band, and the tongue sticking out is reminiscent of a headbanger. The ears / horns and the hair make it look like a classic medieval creature whereas the Metallica t-shirt lends a more modern edge. He's stuck between two worlds!!

    ReplyDelete