Friday, January 14, 2011

Mickey Mouse

  Mickey Mouse first appeared in Plane Crazy in 1928 as a replacement of Walt Disney's previous cartoon character, Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, in which Walt lost the rights to the character to Charles Mintz. So Mickey was born but he was not an overnight success, UNTIL in November in the same year, Mickey starred in Steamboat Willie the first EVER cartoon to feature sound! The cartoon premiered in New York City, in the Colony Theater and it was a HUGE success! Mickey was created by Walt Disney and Ub Iwerks.
  I drew Mickey Mouse during my spare time in art class where I had nothing to do, so then I drew Mickey in his Fantasia clothing. I drew him with his clothes from Fantasia because I thought his appearance and segment was the best thing by Disney since Steamboat Willie.

- Henry

Mickey Mouse is owned by the Walt Disney Company.

1 comment:

  1. I really valued your lessons about Mickey and the Disney corporation. It's amazing how Mickey has existed for so long and is still so popular. You are very talented at drawing things exactly as they are by eye. It never hurts to keep practicing this type of art.

    ReplyDelete