Monday, January 10, 2011

Self Portrait


Portrait of Henry the Ninth 
 Media: Paper and paint on canvas 
The techniques that was used was that I took a photo of me from Facebook, printed it in black and white, painted the canvas before gluing the photo on it, then glued it on, and then painted the photo. I chose blue and red because both of them are my favourite colours. Blue is suppose to represent good while red represents bad. I feel that everyone has both go0d and bad in them.
I liked that I used blue and red as the main colours and I liked using the media because it dawned on me pretty quickly how special this was. The thing I would like to change is that I wish I hadn't painted my glasses.   

1 comment:

  1. Henry, this self-portrait is unique, interesting and vibrant! Your choice of two primary (and almost complementary) colours creates a cool optical illusion of vibrations. The paint on your face is a great way to blend the photograph with the painting. I also really like how you pasted your head towards the side of the composition rather than in the middle. It give a sense that your future is open in the great beyond!

    ReplyDelete