Monday, January 10, 2011

Shattered Image

Blanket Symphony 
Media: Pencil on paper
The techniques I used for the piece is that I just used pencil and a smudger for smudging the black. I did this free hand with no ruler when it came to the big black lines.
The two aspects I like is that I think it looks awesome and I thought that blanket looks a bit realistic BEFORE the black lines came. The thing I would like to change is that I would like to make it more three dimensional by fixing some of the lines.
 

1 comment:

  1. Henry, this is a gorgeous work of art. Your careful technique is pretty flawless. It's incredible how each tiny individual line switches from black to white (or white to black) at every intersecting line. This allows more of a controlled shattered effect, more like an optical illusion with lots of vibration happening. An excellent first assignment!

    ReplyDelete