Monday, January 10, 2011

Peace Art For Peace Week

Reflection
Media: Watercolour on paper
The techniques I used was that I drew the lines for the picture first, then used ink for outlining, and then used watercolour paints to fill it in.
I liked the reflection of the water showing the bird while in real life it is a bomb and I loved that city in the background. The thing I would like to change is that I could have used a different colour for the sky because it makes it hard to see the bomber that's suppose to be in the sky. 

1 comment:

  1. I love this image, especially the bomb reflecting as a dove in the water. That alone is a very moving symbol of war turning into peace, as if the truth (the true reflection of something)is peace itself. I agree that the red plane gets lost in the red sky, but in a way it also creates the effect of diminishing the power of war. If the plane stood out more, then "war" might be stronger than peace in your composition. That's a beautiful little city in the center.

    ReplyDelete